Roms
Contact Us
Manuals & Schematics

Also Check Out
PinballShark.com
ATVFlorida.com
© 2014

Welcome to GamePlanPinball.com

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2017, 09:30:17 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  GamePlanPinball.com Forums
|-+  Classifieds
| |-+  Wanted
| | |-+  Need a part (or scan of part) for Sharpshooter
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Need a part (or scan of part) for Sharpshooter  (Read 7005 times)
vinito

View Profile
« on: August 19, 2007, 02:09:10 AM »

Hi Folks.
In the process of digging into my Sharpshooter so I could clean it up & install new rubber, I discovered that it's missing a part.

It's the Turn Around Ball Guide (part # 08-00038A in the parts manual) that goes underneath the overlay in the turnaround on the right side of the playfield.

Here's a pic of the turnaround:

The part I need is the U-shaped piece near the center that wraps around the kickout hole (saucer).

Anyways, I have three posts there that apparently are supposed to hold this part up. They aren't the plastic posts that have the single rubber ring on them, they are metal posts that appear are supposed to be supporting the "horseshoe" shaped ball guide.

I can make this part, but I'd like to have a good pattern to go by so it plays like it was originally designed. Anybody have one they could scan to make a pattern?
Also, since I'd be making one , I could make two (or more) just about as easy and it should only take a buck or so to ship, so if anybody needs one...

I figger a surplus part would be hard to come by, otherwise I'd just ask to buy one. I could make one faster than it would take to ship though.
gcoville

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 08:07:39 PM »

Hello has anyone sent you a scan of part# 08-00038A. I just reciently picked up
a complete Sharp Shooter game that I believe has that part.
vinito

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 10:05:58 AM »

Hi.
Thanks for the offer.
I did get a tracing of the part from Jim. I remember it looking different than I expected, but he knows his Game Plan stuff and I also remember him saying something about that. I'll check it out again and let you know if there are any issues.

One thing about that part is: I guess it's very common for it to be missing or broken. Another Sharpshooter owner I recently talked to was missing his as well and I've seen pictures of others on the net also missing it. So if you scanned yours, maybe included a couple carefully measured dimensions, and posted the scan on this forum it would likely be a helpful and appreciated resource for other Sharpshooter owners. Probably most Sharpshooters need that part.

Regards.

p.s. Sorry my reply took so long.
vinito

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 10:14:48 AM »

Am I just stupid or what?

There is an outline of the part on my own first post on this thread. I uploaded it myself!
I guess since it's just a parts drawing that could have been drawn at any time during the game design, it's possible that it may have changed a bit during production and may not be identical to the "real thing", but...

Why I didn't make the connection and just try using the above drawing I don't know. I guess you could check yours out and post whether it looks like the picture or not.

OK. I'll go slap my forehead a few times.
magius74

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 01:12:57 PM »

I know this is a very old post but I'm new to this forum and I just got my own Sharpshooter game and guess what? This same piece is broken on my machine too. Vinito, did you ever have any luck fabricating your own piece? A co-worker of mine has tried and he keeps cracking the plastic when he cuts it. Also we are trying to cut it based off of a trace we did with the only remaining half of the original piece. We assumed that the piece was uniform on both sides and we could just mirror the one side we had, but I think it would be best to have a trace of the full piece. Do you have a high resolution image of the picture you posted in your first post? Could you post it for me to download?
coney island

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 01:12:44 AM »

I know the SS Im picking up has this part, so if ya' dont get in for a few more weeks, Id be happy to take a pic and send it your way. Thanks! smiley
earlman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 11:49:32 AM »

If I remember correctly...
Assembly goes... metal post, plastic tube-type bushing over the post, clear plastic piece, nuts.
The original color of the three plastic bushings- duh, I forgot.
I did find exact parts in a different color in the specialty nuts and bolts drawers at my local True Value Hardware.
Try putting tape over plexi before tracing/cutting. Use Dremel with cutting wheel, and a spindle sander to cut the circular part. Remember, relief cuts are your friend!! grin 
pywacet

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 08:22:06 AM »

Help I need this piece also, any suggestions, Thanks...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length