Roms

Contact Us

Manuals & Schematics

Also Check Out

PinballShark.com

ATVFlorida.com

© 2021

Welcome to GamePlanPinball.com

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 03, 2022, 01:11:48 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  GamePlanPinball.com Forums
|-+  General
| |-+  Tech Corner
| | |-+  Question about PSU voltage reading
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Question about PSU voltage reading  (Read 5859 times)
podboy3

View Profile
« on: May 24, 2007, 02:48:52 AM »

New to the group and Just got a Game Plan Vegas table and have been reading tons of information, I finally got ready to start some testing (right now the table light, but I do not get a display or anything else, just some play field lights)

anyway, I took a ready of the voltages on the PSU and the only one that does not check out is the 7 volt DC CPU driven feature lamps bridge, it is 2.9v instead of 7v, would the bridge be doing this or is there a voltage regulator that I am not seeing.

thank you
sharpshooter0_2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 10:56:26 AM »

Hi,

There is no regulator for the +7vdc lamp driver level that you're referring to; it's simply a rectified AC level directly from the 8vac tap on the transformer. However, this +7vdc level (DC side of the bridge) is fused at the INPUT to the bridge.

So, first make sure the fuse is good, then proceed from there. Replace the fuse (if it's bad) and if it blows again, you should then remove all of the connectors from the MPU and the lamp driver boards. If the fuse blows again, then it's possible that the bridge rectifier had gone bad (although I have never had to replace this particular bridge in a Game Plan PSU).

How about the MPU? Does it boot ok (i.e. do you get six flashes from the LED on power-up?). If not, then there's a good chance that your MPU is bad. Keep in mind that we now sell brand new MPU boards, too.

If you'd like, you can call us with any questions that you may have (technical or otherwise) and we'll be happy to help you out!

Thanks,

-Jim
--------------------------
Jim Francesangeli
Echo Lake Pinball Service & Sales
925 Marwin Dr.
Hinckley, OH 44233
tel: 330-278-2228
email: jvbuzzard@earthlink.net
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: