Roms
Contact Us
Manuals & Schematics

Also Check Out
PinballShark.com
ATVFlorida.com
© 2014

Welcome to GamePlanPinball.com

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 19, 2017, 01:01:19 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  GamePlanPinball.com Forums
|-+  Classifieds
| |-+  For Sale
| | |-+  New Game Plan MPU board
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: New Game Plan MPU board  (Read 32327 times)
sharpshooter0_2

View Profile
« on: June 07, 2006, 12:25:45 PM »

Hi,

Just wanted to let you all know that we now have BRAND NEW Game Plan MPU boards available. It's form, fit, and function identical to the original and will work with ANY Game Plan pinball (both upright and cocktail models).

For additional information and/or to place an order, please call us.

Thanks!

-Jim Francesangeli
Echo Lake Pinball Service & Sales
925 Marwin Dr.
Hinckley, Ohio 44233
tel: 330-278-2228
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 07:44:36 AM by sharpshooter0_2 » Logged
jason moff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 10:31:43 PM »

this is jason from by cambridge did u ever find where to get the rubber kit for andromeda
captainpinball

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 05:48:58 PM »

To anyone interested in Jims replacement boards,

I recently got a game from a person who bought it at an auction.  I helped the lady get her other 2 games she bought working, as payment for my services she gave me the dead Star Trip cocktail.   All 3 games were dead when she bought them but since they all lit up at the auction she mistakenly thought they were "working".

The game she gave me was a very mint looking Star Trip cocktail game.  I worked for Game Plan back in 1980 as a game tester, so I had worked with this particular game before, although at Game Plan I really only was a board replacer and game adjuster, so I didn't know much about them ...but enough to know the basics.

When I got the game home I opened it up and found the battery acid had completely consumed the MPU, so even though the general illuminations were on, nothing else worked(no led blinks at all).

I found while searching google a really great Game Plan repair web site (www.pinrepair.com) and at the bottom of the page I found a note about a guy who had engineered a replacement MPU for all GP games.  I decided I really wanted to make this game work so I called Jim and asked about his brand new boards.  The price was $219 delivered and since I paid nothing for the game and it looked so sweet I figured....hmmmm why not?

The board was delivered and first I checked the power supply out, then I inserted the board...it fired right up, however, the game still did not play.  The sounds were strange and no solenoids were working (with exception to the flippers).  I then noticed the playfield fuse was missing.  When I attempted to insert a new fuse it would immediately blow the fuse and all the solenoids would attempt to fire at the same time.

I called Jim to let him know that I had received his board but I was then having other problems with the machine.  I realized of course that this was not his problem, his board appeared to be working fine, it was other parts of the game that were causing my many other problems. 

Jim took the time to troubleshoot all of those problems with me (and believe me, there were many problems we went through together), mostly intermittent shorted caps, all-in-all about 10 bad caps.  Some were on the sound board, some were on the SDU and even the large filter cap on the PSU. His exact words were "No problem if I can help get another Game Plan unit up and running it would be great!"

I have to say, the game is working great now !!!

The reason I am writing this post is to let you know what kind of guy Jim is...in my opinion Jim is more than just a guy selling replacement boards, he actually cares about GP games, so if you are ever needing an MPU board replacement, make sure to give him a call.

Thanks Jim !
Mike
Pinball Shark
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 06:54:44 PM »

Are these MPU boards still available?

HarryHoudini

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 10:22:00 PM »

Brady
I had one sent recently for my Atilla from Jim. Excellent service and easy to deal with

rgds
Harry Houdini
Pinball Shark
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2010, 05:12:14 PM »

Thanks for the update.

podboy3

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 10:39:11 PM »

I am wondering if these are still available and if so what are the prices now.

Also, I know this might not fit in this subject but I think the power supply is dead on my Vegas pin and am wondering if this is a repairable item or do I have to buy a replacement.

thank you,
 dan
Pinball Shark
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2010, 11:24:37 AM »

Just call Echo Lake Pinball and ask about the MPUs. The power supplies are very repairable as the parts can still be bought. All you need is a repair guide.

BriMc

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2010, 01:53:55 PM »

Hi All,

I have been communicating with Jim about purchasing a few Gameplan repacement boards but he is currently out of stock. Jim needs 12 boards spoken for before he cam place an order. If any one needs one please jump in. Jims info is below.

Thank you,

Brian McCauley

-Jim Francesangeli
925 Marwin Dr.
Hinckley, Ohio 44233
tel: 330-278-2228
rick@inflateco.com

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2011, 10:11:49 AM »

I recently bought a machine that died in 5 balls. I found Jim and he called me back (around 10pm his time) and walked me thru voltage testing of the power supply and determined it was the MPU.  He took a couple hours of his time with me and did not even ask for my business.   I am buying one of his MPU boards.  I just wanted to post this to let people know how great Jim is. He is my go-to guy on everything now.

Rick
Pinball Shark
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2011, 11:18:49 AM »

I found a place selling a Game Plan MPU replacement. Is this Echo Lake's board?

http://www.ksarcade.net/cpus-mpus/elp-gameplan-mpu2.html

Alex-Brown

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2011, 01:35:40 PM »

I just bought one about a month ago. Not sure the make but if your e-mail them i know they will be able to tell you. So far it works perfect!

Thx Alex
v8torino

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2012, 03:35:32 AM »

I currently have a board on order from Jim,what a great guy to deal with and talk to.He said he was surprised that he has enough people to make another batch of boards.
I can hardly wait to continue with this neat little cocktail pinball machine-Star Trip,this is turning out to be a fun winter project for me.
             Best to everybody,Kirk in Colorado,USA
BriMc

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2012, 10:19:45 AM »

I have a few boards running in my msachines from Jim, He is a great guy and provides outstanding service. I have one board in a Family fun and another in a Super nova.
kpkube

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2012, 08:06:17 PM »

As of today(4-2-12) Jim at Echo Lake Pinball Service & Sales has a new list started of people for another run of MPU's, there is 10 on the list so far and they need 15 to start another run.  Please contact Jim to get your name on the list so another run can get started.

voice: 330-278-2228
     925 Marwin Dr.
     Hinckley, Ohio 44233
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length