Roms
Contact Us
Manuals & Schematics

Also Check Out
PinballShark.com
ATVFlorida.com
© 2014

Welcome to GamePlanPinball.com

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 17, 2017, 06:01:03 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  GamePlanPinball.com Forums
|-+  General
| |-+  Open Discussion
| | |-+  Rumor about Game Plan's Final Days
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Rumor about Game Plan's Final Days  (Read 6632 times)
Pinball Shark
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: May 10, 2006, 11:56:40 AM »

Someone sent this in to me. Don't know if it's true or not, but it seems credible. Very interesting.

=================

"Since you actually wrote to me, I should tell you that in the final hours of Game Plan, the CEO had left the country to avoid tax evasion charges and there were a huge amount of unfinished pins and slot machines in their factory. My friend tells me that some of the line managers decided to get together and commandeer one of the 40 ft tractor-trailers and backed it up to the loading dock after they paid of the security guards to look the other way... They then proceeded to grab anything they could and load the trailer. That included finished and unfinished pins, slots, test equipment, manufacturing equipment, and of course, the prototype machines... There was a few Mike Bossys, roughly five Global Warfares, and the Loch Ness Monster. Many people think that the LNM ended up in Ed Cebula's house, but he had no idea where it went.... The truck left just as a new shift of security guards was coming on duty... They drove the truck to a suburban home with a huge old bard behind it. The barn was to become the "new unofficial manufacturing facility" of Game Plan. These managers figured as the company was out of business and no one had a "golden parachute" or severance coming, they would get their money out of the machines. They proceeded to start operations on this limited scale.

That winter, there were some major snowstorms and snow piled up high on the barn roof (you're already starting to cringe!)... The barn collapsed under the weight of the snow, destroying the entire contents of the barn, including those few rare machines. Especially the Loch Ness Monster. It no longer exists, even though IPDB says that it does. The thing about this story is that the contents of that truck belonged to the Illinois Bankruptcy Court for disposition and taking it was a serious crime. No one involved will ever admit it. My friend, like I had said, was a game tester and was asked to assist them in the loading, unloading, and setting up the tech assembly area in the barn.

Was it worth typing all of this?

It's not one of those "friend of a friend of a friend" passed on stories...
This friend of mine was in the barn on multiple occasions and even has photos of him, the other guys, and all of the stuff... I have another friend (John Trudeau) that went off to design for Gottlieb while the final days were happening... He wasn't part of the barn guys, but he verifies some of the other details leading to this whole thing... It definitely was for love of the game.. If you ever need assist on your GP machines (or maybe even spare NOS parts), give a shout and I'll check with my friend here..."

=================
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 12:02:12 PM by Admin » Logged

earlman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 11:21:12 AM »

Gee, a nice NOS Coney Island PF would make my LIFE!
BriMc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 08:49:07 AM »

I got one.  wink
earlman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 02:59:18 PM »

Let's talk. Can I afford it?
lostboy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 01:59:53 PM »

Wow, this is a very interesting story. I really enjoy learning the history of things that I have owned or in this case own. Thanks.
v8torino

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 08:08:39 PM »

Cool story there Pinball Shark,Do you still have a line on any of the NOS Parts that you mention at the end of the story?      Kirk in Colorado      v8torino   at   yahoo   dot   com
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length