Roms

Contact Us

Manuals & Schematics

Also Check Out

PinballShark.com

ATVFlorida.com

© 2021

Welcome to GamePlanPinball.com

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 03, 2022, 02:00:46 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  GamePlanPinball.com Forums
|-+  General
| |-+  Tech Corner
| | |-+  Star Trip
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Star Trip  (Read 11860 times)
els

View Profile
« on: February 17, 2006, 11:12:17 PM »

I have a Star Trip machine. One of the game rom's is bad. I can burn a set of 2716' for replacement, but I don't understand the Cut & strap method to change the roms. I have a MPU 1 board. 

Can anyone help?
                                           Ed
Pinball Shark
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 01:59:28 PM »

Cut and strap has to do with changes the traces on the board to match the ROM. Its a pain to do if you've never done it before. I sent my MPU to flippers.com and he got it working for me. I didn't have the patience for it, lol.

nabours

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 09:40:15 AM »

There are some jumpers that you have to make in order for it to work. Go to the marvin site for Game Plan and it will show you what to do. http://www.marvin3m.com/fix.htm
Good Luck,
Tim Nabours
sharpshooter0_2

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 10:37:50 AM »

Hi,

Last time I checked, there was no procedure yet on Marvin's website to illustrate how to cut & strap the MPU-1 board (there is a procedure for MPU-2, though).

In fact, I was asked to submit a procedure for the MPU-1 for that repair site, since we have done this several times for customers in the past. However, I have just not had the time to document the procedure (with pictures, etc.), since we've been so busy building the new MPU boards, which are selling very well so far.

If you'd like, we can cut & strap your board for you at a fair price. Of course, depending on what else we might find wrong with the board, you might be better off purchasing one of our new boards. But we'd be willing to give you a fair evaluation to determine the lowest-cost solution. Sometimes it IS cheaper to repair the old one.....

-Jim Francesangeli
Echo Lake Pinball Service & Sales
925 Marwin Dr.
Hinckley, OH 44233
tel: 330-278-2228
email: jvbuzzard@earthlink.net
nabours

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 01:25:47 PM »

You are correct. There is a procedure for the MPU-2 but not for the MPU-1.
 I should have looked closer. I am going to be working on a few MPU-1's soon and if I need to burn Roms I'll document the procedure and submit it to the Marvin site for approval
Tim Nabours
goose

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 02:36:10 PM »

I documented a cut-and-strap on my Star Trip MPU-1.
The Web Site is:

http://home.comcast.net/~dadindenver/live_to_fly_again.htm

I hope that this helps.
I have also sent this to Clay for his repair guide, but I have not seen it incorporated into his site yet.

nabours

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2007, 10:52:27 AM »

Hey thanks for the info. You took on a job of rebuilding that board that most people would have given up on. Thanks for submitting it to Marvin
Tim Nabours
goose

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2007, 02:50:00 PM »

That's because I am either too bull-headed, or too stupid to give up. grin

Actually after a looking at the board, it became a challenge to see if I could actually make it work again.  And I am cheap.  $40 in parts was cheaper than trying to find a working one.

The post script to the rebuild is that I found one more trace on the PCB that was open, fixed it, and I have been playing the Star-Trip for the last 6-8 months.  I was going to re-build the flippers and pops, but they are working great, it plays really fast.  A lot of fun in a small package.

Mike

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length