Roms
Contact Us
Manuals & Schematics

Also Check Out
PinballShark.com
ATVFlorida.com
© 2014

Welcome to GamePlanPinball.com

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2018, 09:29:33 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  GamePlanPinball.com Forums
|-+  General
| |-+  Tech Corner
| | |-+  Supernova starts game, flippers work..nothing else
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Supernova starts game, flippers work..nothing else  (Read 2125 times)
rnt2u

View Profile
« on: November 23, 2013, 02:52:06 PM »

Hi and thanks in advance for any assistance you can give me.

I picked up a really nice clean SuperNova and it is so close to working it killing me. 
The boards look very clean and there is no acid erosion at all by the battery.

The game boots fine and you can add credits and start a game.  Displays work fine as well.
The flippers work however none of the other coils fire or points will score (with the exception of one top rollover).  Coils fire  fine in diagnostics and when I short the driver to ground, so they are getting power.  I'm not sure what # the switch test is in diagnostics, but I can't seem to find the test number that will give me a test on the switches.  I cannot find any stuck switches.  There is one connector in the main harness that does not seem to go anywhere (I could take photos if that would help)

I'm not familiar at all with Gameplan but have done several of my Bally's so I'm assuming that they are basically the same?
Does this sound like an MPU problem or something else switch related?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
BriMc

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 01:31:32 PM »

Re-pin the connectors between the head and the body of the machine. It is amazing what gremlins these connectors can release. I chased issues on mine like you are doing and after repining the connectors the machine has been solid for over a year.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length