Roms
Contact Us
Manuals & Schematics

Also Check Out
PinballShark.com
ATVFlorida.com
© 2014

Welcome to GamePlanPinball.com

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2019, 03:05:52 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  GamePlanPinball.com Forums
|-+  General
| |-+  Tech Corner
| | |-+  Sharpshooter coils all dead
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sharpshooter coils all dead  (Read 3307 times)
Slinger

View Profile
« on: December 27, 2012, 10:50:49 AM »

Been limping my Sharpshooter thru a series of issues and had it completely working...for a while. Then one of the pop bumper coils stopped working. The leaf spring would score the points, but no coil engage. One of the troubleshooting steps I read was to jumper the diode. I did that....and now none of the coils work except for the flippers. So very glad I did that.... embarassed

I have 24v coming into the solenoid board, so that is not the issue. Any ideas on next troubleshooting steps? Thanks!
Slinger

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 04:55:01 PM »

To answer my own question for any future knowledge seekers, there is a fuse under the playfield very close to the shooter. Did not know it existed and it was blown. Once replaced, I'm back to my original issue of 1 pop bumper that won't engage, but it will score. Also doesn't work during the coil test. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Pinball Shark
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 12:48:44 PM »

First see if the coil fires by shorting the transistor that drives that pop bumper by shorting the transistor tab to ground.

If it fires, the coil and wiring is good and the transistor is probably bad. You can also test the transistor with a dmm.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length