Roms
Contact Us
Manuals & Schematics

Also Check Out
PinballShark.com
ATVFlorida.com
© 2014

Welcome to GamePlanPinball.com

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 09, 2020, 02:01:09 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  GamePlanPinball.com Forums
|-+  General
| |-+  Tech Corner
| | |-+  Attila The Hun...No playfield lights!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Attila The Hun...No playfield lights!  (Read 3903 times)
jlm5050

View Profile
« on: October 05, 2012, 06:50:41 PM »

Hello, please help!
My Attila The Hun has been trouble free until a week ago.
I had the machine on and all was fine until the playfield lights stopped working in attract mode.
The machine boots up fine, plays fine, scores fine but I have no playfield lights.
The LED light on the MPU2 blinks 6 times when booting up, the installation and repair manual diagnostics procedure says the cause ( 6 blinks ) is a defective ROM and to replace U12, U13 and U26 one at at time until problem solved.
I have the 3 new ROMs.
The problem is at some point the MPU has been rebuilt and now only has 2 ROMs, is there a way to return the board ( jump it maybe? ) to a 3 chip configuration?
I was told by one tech it would not boot if any chip is bad so it must be a blown fuse, bad ground or dirty connector, is this true?

Thank you for any help...I miss Attila not lighting up!!
Drop Target

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 10:07:31 PM »

If the game boots and plays fine as you say then your mpu is funtioning properly. No need to replace chips at this point IMO. Start by checking connectors to the light driver board. Also check fuses on the power board with a DMM set to continuity. Make sure to take them out to test them.
jlm5050

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 05:59:30 PM »

Problem solved.
I am no tech, but will try to explain what my mechanic said ( hope I get it right! )
Plug with ground wire to power supply board had small black mark on backside of plug, ground wire too hot, was unable to remove plug...Jumped wire from back of board to wire on front side.
Works great now.
I enjoy this game, it has always been HUO and is in very excellent condition... looks good in my lineup too!
I am glad to have it back in good order.
Thanks to all who read my post and offered advice!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length