Roms

Contact Us

Manuals & Schematics

Also Check Out

PinballShark.com

ATVFlorida.com

© 2021

Welcome to GamePlanPinball.com

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 03, 2022, 01:55:58 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  GamePlanPinball.com Forums
|-+  General
| |-+  Tech Corner
| | |-+  Need Help with Coney Island
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Need Help with Coney Island  (Read 24139 times)
ConeyGuy

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2006, 10:52:17 PM »

I am restoring a Coney Island machine. It is in fairly good shape. The play field has some wear and a couple of coils are weak. What  is the best product to clean and protect the playfield and where can i find replacements for all the coils in the machine.

Thanks for your help.

Reed
nabours

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 11:38:43 AM »

I have some New Old Stock coils on hand excluding flipper coils of which I have gotten them from Steve Young's Pinball Resource. You might want to try him for them.
Tim Nabours
tad3790

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 11:18:18 AM »

I just picked up  a Coney Island today, It's backglass is really bad. Any Idea if there are any decent backglasses floating around??
tad3790

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 08:24:13 AM »

Actually, nearly all the game plan games Ive seen online have degrading backglasses. Is this an issue overall with the Game plan stuff??
sharpshooter0_2

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 10:50:14 AM »

Hi,

Well, regarding the backglass issue, we've really noticed just the OPPOSITE: the vast majority of Game Plan machines that we acquire have outstanding backglasses (and the remainder are usually good to very good!!). This makes sense, since so many of these games had "died" early in their lifetime due to bad MPU boards (i.e. from battery leakage). That simply means that any possible damage, due to heat from the lamps, did not have a chance to occur. Although a backglass can lose paint due to environmental conditions (humidity, etc.) most paint loss can be attributed to excessive heat.

There was one "Coney Island" backglass for sale on the Mr. Pinball classified; you should definitely check there first, then check with Mayfair, too.

By the way, just to let everyone know: we still have some new Game Plan MPU boards available - see our ad under the "Parts for Sale" area....

Thanks,

-Jim Francesangeli
Echo Lake Pinball Service & Sales
925 Marwin Dr.
Hinckley, OH 44233
tel: 330-278-2228
BriMc

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 10:42:03 PM »

I have all NOS coils available with the exception of flipper coils also. I also have spare parts including most plastics, inserts and even a cabinet. I have seen both perfect backglasses and junk ones.  It is all depending on how the glass and game was stored. Some of my used backglasses look better than my NOS glasses.

Brian
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 10:46:27 PM by BriMc » Logged
tad3790

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 11:41:12 AM »

Thanks for the feed back, I am a new pinball junkie, I also realized the sound board is screwed up in the CI I just picked up. My buddy is going to try to repair it, he works with some good electronics guys that are qualified. Im assuming since I have the schematic to that board they can weed there way through it. Out of couriousity is there any SSU-3 boards out there??....
tad3790

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2007, 10:32:08 AM »

Found bad molex connecter connections. man,.. I hate molex connectors.
earlman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2008, 03:32:06 PM »

That was my glass on Mr pinball and it's gone. However, the guy I sold it to is using it for repros.
tad3790

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2008, 02:21:04 PM »

Hi Earl, it's me the guy in Columbus.... we will have repro glasses soon. Waiting on my buddy to cough up the glass.I will post results soon.
tad3790

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2008, 02:22:47 PM »

Also, just curious... what is the deal with CI being a white cabinet but the flyers show a blue cabinet??? Did they do both, or was that just a prototype in the picture on the flyer?
earlman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2008, 05:30:41 PM »

The four CI's I've had are White cabinets, I have seen pictures of ONE blue that looked like it was on location at one time- whether the blue was a restoration or not the world may never know.
Glass...joo neeed glass my fren...joo call de True Value and say joo nee  100  panes tomorrow! Then, joo weel have all dee glass joo need.
BriMc

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2008, 09:46:47 AM »

Early CI's were in a blue Cabinet. My first CI had a Blue cabinet.
I didn't realize at the time that it was a limited production cabinet. The ones I have now are all white.

-Brian
earlman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2008, 11:37:50 AM »

Instead of printing onto glass, how about printing onto Lexan. I know a sheet of Lexan is like- a million dollars- but I wonder if that isn't the way to go.
tad3790

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2008, 03:05:21 PM »

I havce lexan in stock, but Im going through great lengths to make this deal authentic as possible, and I thought plast would be frowned on. sad I CAN do that though....... my buddy promises glass next week.  smiley
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length