Roms
Contact Us
Manuals & Schematics

Also Check Out
PinballShark.com
ATVFlorida.com
© 2014

Welcome to GamePlanPinball.com

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2017, 09:22:24 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  GamePlanPinball.com Forums
|-+  General
| |-+  Open Discussion
| | |-+  Ideas about coating game plan backglass
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Ideas about coating game plan backglass  (Read 3381 times)
Drop Target

View Profile
« on: May 10, 2012, 02:18:31 PM »

I am preparing to triple thick the backglass on an Attila the hun. My question is about the red lens or "gel" material taped to the display windows. I am assuming that this is stock, this being my first Game Plan pin, I am not 100% sure of this (help me out). I don't want to remove the tape in fear that it might take some of the ink off. Masking off the score window areas and spraying up and over the tape is what I am thinking. Of cource this would leave a portion of the ink unprotected. Any thoughts on this? I am sure many of you have encountered this dilemma.
 The BG is in exceptionally good shape, I just want to make sure it stays that way.
Thanks for any advise you can give on this subject.
Tod
BriMc

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 01:32:28 PM »

If the glass  is in good shape leave it alone. I tried coating a sharpshooter and a Captain hook backglass and both pealed. The Capt hook ink came off in large sections so I would be careful. The BG's were inside machines in a climate controlled gameroom.
Drop Target

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 12:47:22 PM »

Thanks for your reply. I have triple thicked many backglasses on machines from other manufaturers and have never encountered this problem. I did notice that the glass for the Attila seems to be thinner than standard backglass. I wonder if this could cause this to happen? Does anyone have any similar experience with coating Game Plan backglasses? Thanks for any help you can give.
 I am holding off on coating the Attila until I learn more.
Tod
CamKrist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 03:29:08 AM »

I decided to give a hand and sent a post into social bookmarks. I hope the popularity will rise in.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length