Roms
Contact Us
Manuals & Schematics

Also Check Out
PinballShark.com
ATVFlorida.com
© 2014

Welcome to GamePlanPinball.com

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 09, 2020, 12:56:36 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  GamePlanPinball.com Forums
|-+  General
| |-+  Tech Corner
| | |-+  Sharpshooter coil compatibility
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sharpshooter coil compatibility  (Read 4875 times)
Slinger

View Profile
« on: December 27, 2011, 05:00:13 PM »

Quick question for you experts out there. My Sharpshooter has 2 different flipper coils in it. The right side has the correct one: 21-50008B. The left side has a SF-20-300. Are these comparable or should I replace the right side with what I know is correct?  The reason I ask is both flippers a currently firing a little strong (breaking drop targets strong) and I'm trying to figure out what my next step is. Going to try adjusting the EOS switches and/or finding some stronger flipper return springs. Thanks!
Pinball Shark
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 12:15:09 PM »

The SF-20-300 is a Williams coil and is a little stronger than the 21-50008B Gameplan coil.

300 vs 375 turns respectively. Lower turns = stronger.

You could try a GamePlan 21-5002B with a 400/1000 (second number is the hold strength)

Reference this site for more info:
http://www.flippers.com/coil-resistance.html

Slinger

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 12:24:20 PM »

Checking back in and realized I never thanked you for the info Shark. I was able to tone down the non-standard flipper by adjusting the EOS and it's been working pretty well since. Will replace both coils with proper version at some point. Thanks!
BriMc

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 11:14:58 AM »

Hi All,

I don't know if I would want to go any stronger of a flipper than the original GP coil, they are pretty beefy. The majority of machines I buy whether it be for my collection or for a parts machine have the snookers beat out of a lot of the playfield components, from the post in front of the center targets being bent, the center target being broken, to shattered plastics.

-Brian
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length