Roms
Contact Us
Manuals & Schematics

Also Check Out
PinballShark.com
ATVFlorida.com
© 2014

Welcome to GamePlanPinball.com

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 09, 2020, 01:29:57 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  GamePlanPinball.com Forums
|-+  General
| |-+  Tech Corner
| | |-+  MPU-1 and MPU-2
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: MPU-1 and MPU-2  (Read 4861 times)
Mikael

View Profile WWW
« on: October 12, 2011, 12:53:26 PM »

Hi,
As you might have seen I'm working on the restoration of an Old Coney island but I do also have a Star trip standing.
The star trip is missing the MPU-1 and the SDU board, everything else is there and the game is in quite good shape.
Would it be possible to use the MPU-2 and the SDU from my Old Coney island in the Star trip?
BriMc

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 10:16:43 AM »

Hi Mikael,

Yes you can use the mpu 2 from the Coney Island in the Startrip but you can not use an MPU 1 in a standard machine. The same goes for the lamp driver board the LDU 1 can be used in all the cocktail machines but not in the standard pins.
 You will need to change out the game roms though, Marco specialties has the replacement roms or someone on the board may be able to burn them for you.

Mikael

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 03:20:48 PM »

Hi,
I have an Eprom programmer and the program is available to download from here, so the Eprom isn't the problem.
The big problem is instead to decide which of the two machines that should be brought in to life again.
I think the cocktail games are quite rare, at least here in Sweden, so I might go for the Star trip.
Which one should you have chosen?
BriMc

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 11:17:53 AM »

That is tough, I like both. I would probably get the Coney up and running and then find an MPU for the startrip. Maybe if we get enought people together we can get Jim to make another run of his MPU boards. I am up for ten, yes I said Ten  grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length