Roms

Contact Us

Manuals & Schematics

Also Check Out

PinballShark.com

ATVFlorida.com

© 2021

Welcome to GamePlanPinball.com

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2022, 07:50:10 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  GamePlanPinball.com Forums
|-+  General
| |-+  Tech Corner
| | |-+  System matrix board for Global Warfare
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: System matrix board for Global Warfare  (Read 6927 times)
ohiomathtchr

View Profile
« on: August 06, 2011, 02:47:46 PM »

Hi,

Does anybody know what type of system matrix board would work on a Global Warfare machine?  I had a repairman out here a few minutes ago, trying to fix the game's problems.  I replaced the EPROM chips several weeks ago, but that did not fix the issues.  He thinks the problem is related to the system matrix board.  Thanks for any assistance you can offer!

Mike
BriMc

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 04:54:16 PM »

PM sent
ohiomathtchr

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 07:43:57 PM »

Thank you, Brian.

The repairman called it the system matrix board.  I have someone with just a little more knowledge on Game Plan games coming here soon.
BriMc

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 11:07:49 AM »

I stand corrected the Global warfare is a beast. I checked with someone who ownes one ( Thenks Jeremy) this machine has a GDU board, 2 SDU boards, 1 LDU board, 1 MPU, and 1 MSU. According to Jeremy it even has what looks like a self diagnosing Power supply that has LEDs on it. Jim is a great guy. Jim post those pictures  wink
ohiomathtchr

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 02:00:08 PM »

I talked with Jim this morning.  He isn't coming out here now, but he has an open invitation to stop by and see it whenever he's in the area.  I have some pictures at http://s214.photobucket.com/albums/cc88/ohiomathtchr/Global%20Warfare%20Pinball/ and can easily add more.

My next step is doing what you and Jim have both suggested--clean the connections between the backbox and the cabinet, and file down or clean the male ends a smidgen.  That is my project for later this week.
ohiomathtchr

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 08:29:54 PM »

Thanks for the suggestion of cleaning the connections.  I used a toothbrush, a drill bit, and some rubbing alcohol on all the connections.  Every light is not lighting up, and quite brightly.  Some of the "logic" issues appear to be fixed.  There are some issues left--kickback targets not kicking back, bumpers not responding--but the machine is in a much more playable shape than when I got it.  I might clean the connections more this weekend, to see if that might fix anything (doubtful, but I'm up for any fix right now).  Otherwise, I might give Jim a call and see if some of his magic can make this machine work.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length