Roms
Contact Us
Manuals & Schematics

Also Check Out
PinballShark.com
ATVFlorida.com
© 2014

Welcome to GamePlanPinball.com

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2019, 02:17:55 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  GamePlanPinball.com Forums
|-+  General
| |-+  Open Discussion
| | |-+  Hi I'm new to this forum - Am an Andromeda owner anf GPI Fan
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hi I'm new to this forum - Am an Andromeda owner anf GPI Fan  (Read 6874 times)
steve.h

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2009, 12:27:56 PM »

Hi - I'm Steve in Colorado! - I love to play pinball and own 12 machines myself - I play at Lyons Classic and at friends in the Denver Ft Collins Pinball community.

I just played a Cyclops for the 1st time yesterday!  Great Fun.

Here are my questions:

Where can I find Drop Targets for GPI Pins - Andromeda and CI?

Given a choice would you buy a Sharp Shooter or a CI?

Are the CI Backglass repros still available?

Anyone needs an Andromeda BG - I have an extra from a machine that got trashed (literally) that is in excellent shape.  Wonder what it is worth and if anyone needs one.

Thanks, hope to hear from any Pinball fans especially in Colorado.  I also have an original GPI - KAOs video game, my very first video love.

Steve
DS gammer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 08:38:26 PM »

Hi Steve Welcome. grin

i live in the Denver area &  own a GP Captain Hook .

Dont buy the SS machine listed on Denvers craigslist! The guy wants  3 times  what its worth.

Droptargets try-" marcos specialties"

CI- BG- "chat with Tad".

i love playing pinball also , "just a novice" tell me what are the other 11 machines that you own?       DSG       PS  What local  PROS do you know?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 11:48:40 PM by DS gammer » Logged
steve.h

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 10:12:25 AM »

Hi DS Gammer - Thanks for the reply - Sorry for delayed response

I will check on Marco Spec, and let you know - Hopefully Tad will chime in - I sent him a direct email about his CI repros - There was one a CI on CL in a mish mash ad from a guy in Louisville back in early December - I have seen the ad many times (like the Attilla one) - Starts out I am a local business man who works on arcade games... blah blah etc - He describes several vids and then a few pins and describes a CI as a restore project - Broken plastics / problem BG etc.  No Pics - I'd buy the CI if I felt like there was a place I could get a BG and maybe replacement plastics... and if the price were right. - He's asking $500 which would be fine if it were 90% or better, but sounds like the game is a 75%er that needs several things to be "OK". - I agree w/ you the SS is a bit overpriced.

Games I own by group & year: BALLY = 1971 4 M BC, 1972 Fireball original, 1999 Revenge From Mars - GPI = 1985 Andromeda & 1981 KAOs Video Game (see rarity rating on KLOV) - GTLB = 1973 Jumping Jack, 1976 Target Alpha & 1977 Centigrade 37 - WILLIAMS = 1979 Flash, 1982 Time Fantasy (608 units), 1985 Sorcerer, 1986 Grand Lizard (restored) and a 1989 BK2K.

Folks I know (Pros? Don't know about that, but they are in the Hobby for sure) - There's a bunch, but here goes:

John R in Co Sprgs (Gameroom Treasures) - Jason B. in Castle Rock, Steve C. in Parker, Randy K. in Parker, Joe ? in Parker, John X. in Parker, Dan G. in Lakewood, Donovan S. in Lakewood, Renee in Westminster, Jim F. in Evergreen, Shannon & Jeff in Louisville, Denny P. in Longmont, Kim M. in Longmont, Ray M. in Longmont, Tracy, Kevin, Carol, Mike, Zen, Steve, Seth & Mateo in Lyons, Basil, Dennis, Rod & Charley (sort of) in Loveland and finally Dave M. in Ft Collins. - Shoooo! Never went through it all at once before... some I know well as good friends, some are email acquaintances only - Most I know from playing, & fall somewhere between.

If you ever get up to Longmont, look me up and I'd love to show you my games - Or if you'd like to meet up at LCP, LMK next time you're going - I did go to the Tourney at the Cuckoo's Nest in Lakewood 12/26 but have not done much else in the Denver Pinball Venues.

Regards for now, Steve.H1963 (I post a little bit on RGP too)
BriMc

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 08:12:46 PM »

Hi Steve,

Welcome aboard!!!  grin 

Good luck on the drop target's, you may fine one or two but they are scarce I get at least two emails a month looking for them. I would change them all out for gottlieb system one targets, they are available through Marco, PBR, or any pinball parts supplier. On the BG DS hit it on the head Tad is the way to go, I would go with the glass not the plexi. Both are real good repro's.
  Either CI or SS I am old school so I would have to go with CI. CI and SS are two different animals with different shot maps and PF Layouts.
  500.00 is what a 100% working, real nice SS should sell for.

-Brian
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 09:15:04 PM by BriMc » Logged
steve.h

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 11:42:50 PM »

Thanks for the welcome!  I had heard about using Gtlb targets, but w/ a modification... correct?

Following is text from the older ad: It is no longer on CL, but I know how to reach this guy - What would you offer for this machine based ONLY on this description?  Thanks for any advice

- I will follow up on this after I SEE the actual game.  Ad follows:

"Old Coney Island Pinball $500 AS-IS (playfield needs some work, some plastics broken, one broken drop target, some wear on backglass... This is a game for someone who likes restoration) "

Regards, Steve
BriMc

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 01:59:43 PM »

Hi Steve,
I was reading on RGP that someone replaced all their targets with Gottlieb targets with no problems. I have heard that ypu need to make the slot in the center of the target longer. And I have heard you need to shim the housing to make the kick up rail to clear the bottem of the targets. I would think it would depend on the clearance f the kick up rail. Either way it is not too mach of a mod to make it work and you will not be running around looking for targets.
          I bought a nice CI the only bad part of the machine was a rough backglass fpr 140.00  MPU was mint.

-Brian
DS gammer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 10:30:48 PM »

Steve,   WoW,  what  a collection! You know  3 or 4 pros names i have heard of.   I've  heard of Lyons pinball also but never been there, maybe  ill go for drive and check it out  on Saturday!  DS grin  PS  brian welcome manner is way to COOL!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 12:16:43 AM by DS gammer » Logged
steve.h

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 12:40:28 PM »

Thanks DS & Brian for making me feel so welcome and for the advice!

Also THANKS for the compliment on my collection... I am trying to build a good one that is interesting, has some rarities and most of all is FUN to play

I think this is what appeals to me about the Gameplan machines - I really like Andromeda and have since I first saw it two years ago.  I just got to play Cyclops on Saturday, and thought it was way cool too and as stated my KAOs video was a nostolgic favorite for me from when I was 14 - I have not seen any of the other GPI machines except in photos and hope to encounter more as time goes on - The CI layout appeals to me as it is sorta similar to Andromeda, yet with significant differences - It would be great to have em side by side for comparison ( I have this set-up w/ my 4 M BC & it's cousin Fireball) - OK well need to get some work done - will check back ASAP - Steve - PS Get over to Lyons Classic!  30 + Pins all set up to play from the 60s thru the 2000s - Games rotate from the owners collection of more than 100 - REALLY cool place!  Follow link -

http://www.lyonspinball.com/
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length